Out of State Tax Returns

Please note that the content in this article is purely informational and should not be taken as professional or legal advice. Tax laws and regulations are subject to change without notice. Consult an experienced accounting team like John Freeman CPA before making any serious financial or legal decisions.

Iowa residents are required to pay income tax on all income regardless of where it was earned, similar to federal returns where income from another state, local jurisdiction in another state or foreign country is taxable. If another state also taxes the earned income, Iowa residents are potentially able to claim a credit for taxes paid to the other state, if they are eligible. 

Keep in mind that non-residents of Iowa cannot claim this credit and part-time residents can only claim this credit if the income was earned while they resided in Iowa. 

We can help you navigate out of state tax returns and fill out form 1A 130. Contact us to learn more!

Sign-up Your FREE Financial & Tax Consultation

Since 1987, we have been helping people just like you through our individual and business services.