Moving Expenses

Please note that the content in this article is purely informational and should not be taken as professional or legal advice. Tax laws and regulations are subject to change without notice. Consult an experienced accounting team like John Freeman CPA before making any serious financial or legal decisions.

Have you moved recently? You may be able to deduct your moving expenses on your tax return. 

Unreimbursed moving expenses for you, your spouse and your dependents can be deducted from your tax return. However, it is important to note that you cannot deduct expenses that were reimbursed or paid for directly by the government. 

To claim this deduction, you will need information on the types and amounts of moving expenses and the amount of moving expense reimbursements as shown on Form W-2.

Moving expenses can be tricky to navigate when preparing your taxes. Trust our team of experts to help guide you.

Sign-up Your FREE Financial & Tax Consultation

Since 1987, we have been helping people just like you through our individual and business services.